[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Update on sugar-build
dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 12:59:56 EDT 2012
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Daniel Narvaez*
Date: Wednesday, 4 July 2012
Subject: Update on sugar-build
To: Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit at gmail.com>
> Hi Daniel.
> Is sugar-build an alternative to sugar-jhbuild?
In short it's an alternative that does less but does it reliably out
of the box (I want it to be usable by people with no
building-from-source experience). Or that's the intent at least, it
will have to prove itself.
More in detail. It does a lot less:
* It supports only the latest version of distributions.
* It supports only distributions that provides all the required
* It builds only external packages if they are required by master but
are too new to be packaged by distributions.
* It builds only latest master of sugar, it doesn't try to support old
All of these are essential to guarantee reliability in my opinion.
It does a few things more, that I consider important:
* Constantly buildboted with basic UI tests (helps reliability)
* Fully logged (helps reliabilty by allowing to submit good bug reports)
* Run in a full X server (allows dogfooding)
* Makes it easy to submit patches
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sugar-devel