[Sugar-devel] Localisation of Socialcalc activity in different languages

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 23:47:29 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM, sankarshan
<foss.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM, Anurag Chowdhury <anurag at seeta.in> wrote:
>
>> I am working on the localisation of the socialcalc activity on sugar in
>> different languages for which I am in need of some pointers as follows:
>>
>> 1) After making the translations of the string in msgid to the required
>> language (starting with bengali) as portrayed below
>>
>>             #:
>> /home/olpc/Activities/SocialCalcActivity.activity/localized_strings_file.py:
>>
>>             msgid "Recalculation"       #------- in english
>>
>>             msgstr  "Nuevo cálculo"    #-------in desired language(spanish
>> here)
>>
>>      above is a snippet from the "es.po" file used in spanish localisation
>> of socialcalc activity.
>>
>>  What should be the next step following the creation of bn.po file (for
>> bengali) also I would need a detailed pointer on creation of .po files.
>
> I may be way behind times but didn't Sugar have a Pootle instance set
> up to handle this ?

Yes, we have a Pootle instance.

It would be helpful if the Activity were hosted in git, which would
allow for closer integration with our Pootle instance.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/

What sort of help do you need with generating a PO template file?

http://en.flossmanuals.net/make-your-own-sugar-activities/going-international-with-pootle/

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator