[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Labs Website Revamp IRC Mtg 1-8-12 11:00amEST(16:00UTC)

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Jan 5 22:26:50 EST 2012

On 01/05/2012 04:10 PM, John Tierney wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Happy New Year! As the New Year starts we are making another effort to
> restart the
> Sugar Labs Website Revamp.
>
> Designer and community member Christian Marc Schmidt has put together
> a Design Template along with a
> Sugar Labs Website Refresh: Content Document. These two documents
> along with the work and content
> gathering done by RIT Co-op students Mike Devine and JT Mengel last
> year will hopefully give us solid basis
> to start from.
>
> Our Kick-off IRC meeting will take place this Sunday Jan. 8th
> on#sugar-meeting at 11:00amEST(16:00UTC),
> after the Design Meeting surrounding "Write To Journal Anytime" taking
> place at 10:00amEST.
>
> Please join us if you are available-our key shortcoming last year in
> our attempt was a lack of content to effectively
> create the new site. All help is Welcome and needed.

I suggest looking at :

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#Introduction_to_the_Sugar_Interface
  (This is a set of linked wiki pages to introduce teachers/students to
sugar)

Also the same content on a USB-stick for use; where there is no Internet
available; on XO-1; XO-1.5 ; SoaS and Trisquel-sugar (and soon for an
Intel MacBook)
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#SCK-USB_.28CD.iso.29

I hope this fits in to what you want for the new wiki.

Tom Gilliard
satellit_ on #sugar IRC