[Sugar-devel] Sugar Labs Website Revamp IRC Mtg 1-8-12 11:00amEST(16:00UTC)

John Tierney jtis4stx at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 5 19:10:05 EST 2012

Hello All,

Happy New Year! As the New Year starts we are making another effort to restart the
Sugar Labs Website Revamp.

Designer and community member Christian Marc Schmidt has put together a Design Template along with a
Sugar Labs Website Refresh: Content Document. These two documents along with the work and content
gathering done by RIT Co-op students Mike Devine and JT Mengel last year will hopefully give us solid basis
to start from.

Our Kick-off IRC meeting will take place this Sunday Jan. 8th on#sugar-meeting at 11:00amEST(16:00UTC),
after the Design Meeting surrounding "Write To Journal Anytime" taking place at 10:00amEST.

Please join us if you are available-our key shortcoming last year in our attempt was a lack of content to effectively
create the new site. All help is Welcome and needed.

Because this is in the Building and Design stage please email me at: jtis4stx at hotmail.com to get links to the preview
documents if you are interested in being part of the process.

Our First Step is to give Christian the Thumbs Up/Make Enhancements to the Design.

Our Second Step will look to get individual community members to take responsibility in "Content Gathering Areas" that flow out of
the documents Christian has prepared.

Our Third Step is to execute Content Gathering

Upon receiving enough content Christian will then commence the build phase.

We hope you can join us on Sunday and look forward to working with the community to do this important
work. Please let us know of your interest in taking part in this important endeavor.

Appreciate the Collaboration!
John Tierney

P.S. Please get into the hands of those who will be best able to assist-Thank You!