[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Browse: [+] for adding a new tab always at the far right?

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Jan 4 05:25:45 EST 2012

Hi,

due to API changes in the GTK Notebook [1] we can add now an action
widget to it (e.g. a button to add a new tab). So far our
'add-new-tab'-button in Browse was another special tab. We could
simplify the Browse code a lot by using the action widget instead. Yay!

There will be a visual difference with this approach, the Button will
always be at the far right. I don't think this is a regression over the
old design where the button was always next to the last tab, but thought
I mentioned it here so Designers can scream now if they see any issue
with this. Btw, Safari uses the same style, with a button at the far
right for adding a new tab (once a tab is open).

Attached is as well a screenshot that illustrates this (don't pay
attention to the colors we are working on the the theme atm...).

Regards,
    Simon

[1]
http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.0/GtkNotebook.html#gtk-notebook-set-action-widget