[Sugar-devel] More tests of Write with introspection bindings

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Wed Aug 22 23:17:29 EDT 2012

Hi Carlos,

I continue doing tests, with little advance. Report here to see if you can
help me.
I have rebuilded all my env, using sugar-build, compiled libgsf and abiword,
applied the changes ion your patch to Write activity and the activity crash
again.

If I replace in the gi/overrides/Abi.py the line:

Abi.init(sys.argv)
by
Abi.init_noargs()

the activity starts but the canvas is not visible. But should be present
because when quit the activity saves a empty abiword file!

The canvas is not displayed in this minimal example neither:

from gi.repository import Gtk
from gi.repository import Abi
win = Gtk.Window()
abi = Abi.Widget()
win.add(abi)
win.show_all()
win.connect("destroy", Gtk.main_quit)
Gtk.main()

The environment I am using is easy to reproduce:
In Fedora 17
* Install sugar-build
git clone git://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-build/sugar-build.git
cd sugar-build
make build
make shell
(will change to source directory and have the proper env)

# set dest for your instalation
DESTINATION=/home/gonzalo/sbuild/sugar-build/install

# Install libgsf
git clone git://git.gnome.org/libgsf
cd libgsf
./autogen.sh --prefix $DESTINATION  --enable-introspection --libdir
$DESTINATION/lib64
make
make install

# Install abiword
cd ..
svn co http://svn.abisource.com/abiword/trunk abiword
cd abiword
svn update --revision  r31576 .
./autogen.sh

wget
http://www.abisource.com/mailinglists/abiword-dev/2012/Jul/att-0050/add-gobject-introspection-support.patch
wget
http://www.abisource.com/mailinglists/abiword-dev/2012/Jul/att-0050/use-g-new-to-allocate-text.patch

patch -p1 < ./add-gobject-introspection-support.patch
patch -p1 < ./use-g-new-to-allocate-text.patch

 ./autogen.sh  --prefix $DESTINATION  --enable-introspection
 --disable-default-plugins --libdir  $DESTINATION/lib64
make
make install

Now you can check the mini test case, or apply the attached patch over
write activity mainline
(it's almost your patch, but didn't applied)

I don't know how follow now, any help is welcomed.
Thanks,

Gonzalo