[Sugar-devel] Nutrition Activity very effective

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Mon Apr 30 06:50:39 EDT 2012

Just want to give some quick feedback from a small but active deployment in
Papua New Guinea.

Nutrition is a really great way to get teachers to see the potentials
because in our region as (probably) in many others the primary school system
is now using the rich task or thematic approach. You can use it to teach
many subjects but made relevant and real for students from the context.

I have just facilitated some workshops for a NGO-led deployment and this
activity was a fantastic hook to make the potentials relevant to their
needs.

We noted that local foods can be added which is great. But we were not sure
about one default foodstuff in the Activity, the brown chunk with holes...

David Leeming

Solomon Islands Rural Link
www.rurallink.com.sb