[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Mon Apr 30 03:30:15 EDT 2012

Thanks Martin and Jon for the replies.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Jon Nettleton <jon.nettleton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Martin Abente
> <martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are you guys still using this?
> >
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/dextrose-platform/mainline/blobs/master/etc/powerd/postresume.d/disable_mesh.sh
> >
> > If so, you should remove it IF there is no way to guarantee that it will
> run
> > before NM picks up the device. At least it will avoid the crash...
> >
> > I would ask in the NM community if there is a better way to disable a
> > particular device, like banning a device(?).
>
> Edit /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
>
> Add a line to the [main] section like
>
> no-auto-default=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (obviously replacing the x's with the
> mac-address of your mesh device.)

This should be a lot cleaner solution.
However, two queries ::

a)
Doing "ifconfig" on the XO-1, only shows information for "eth0" and "lo"
(no mesh device listed).
So, how can the mac address for the mesh device be found?

b)
Are mac address for XO-1s, EXACTLY same, for every XO-1 on this planet?

Looking forward to a reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay