[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Add accelerator to speech palette

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Tue Apr 24 12:57:34 EDT 2012

El día 24 de abril de 2012 11:55, Gary Martin
<garycmartin at googlemail.com> escribió:
> On 24 Apr 2012, at 14:47, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
>
>> Attached is a one line patch to add the accelerator to the speech palette.
>> A screenshot is here:
>> http://dev.laptop.org/~gonzalo/images/add_accelerator_to_speech_palette.png
>> Tell me if is too wide or if is ok for you.
>
> Hmmm, that is getting pretty wide... There seems to be a little more space than necessary (looking at other accelerator text in the frame) between the menu item and the accelerator shortcut – but if nothing can be done about that, I guess there's not much more we can do to slim the palette down.

Yeah too much empty space and too wide.

I know is a bad time to change strings, but this can help, change this:

Speech
* Say selected text Shift+Alt+S
* Stop playback

To this:

Speech
Speak selected text
* Say Shift+Alt+S
* Stop

That is, use two rows to the tooltip, like the network and battery tooltip have.

--
.. manuq ..