[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN TEAM] proposals for the Journal

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Mon Oct 31 12:15:29 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 10:07:53AM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> Another topic to discuss, presented in the eduJam:
>
> School/Home mode: the user can select if is using the XO in school or home
> mode,
> and can change the mode in a particular entry in the detail view.
> This work as a filter in the Journal, to solve a problem noted by teachers,
> they work
> in a topic the Friday, and the Monday they can found it because there are a lot
> of
> entries in the journal of games played in the weekend.
> If the backup copy only the entries in school mode to the server, we solve two
> problems,
> filling the school server with mp3 files of Britney Spears, and preserve
> privacy of
> the entries the kids created in "home mode".
>
> I don't remember who presented this proposal, but I think has value and
> is a good moment to think about that.
>
> Gonzalo
 it sounds like you are asking for an option for the journal like this along side the other filters:
school mode - displays enteries from m-f
which would be the default
and if unchecked would show all entries

But what if the student wants weekend work added to their school mode view?
--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|

Next, upon a stool, we've a sight to make you drool.
Seven virgins and a mule, keep it cool, keep it cool.
		-- ELP, "Karn Evil 9" (1st Impression, Part 2)