[Sugar-devel] Memorize 0001-Reorganize-icons.patch

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-4 at silbe.org
Mon Oct 24 09:08:30 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Gonzalo Odiard's message of 2011-09-07 21:59:34 +0200:
> One of the icons in this patch have a line longer than 998 characters,
> but i don't know how to break it, because is a single path parameter.

If you only moved the files rather than changing them, enable rename
detection to only get diffs of the unchanged parts (the renames will
still be mentioned, just not as separate remove+add hunks). As a bonus
the patch is much easier to review this way.

To enable rename detection, add "-M" to send-email / format-patch or set
diff.renames to true or copies (the latter enables copy detection as
well). E.g. to enable it for your entire user account (rather than an
individual repository):

git config --global diff.renames copies

As for the patch: It doesn't apply cleanly to latest mainline master. As
you seem to maintain Memorize these days, my guess is that the patch is
obsolete and have marked it as such in Patchwork [1].

Sascha

[1] https://patchwork.sugarlabs.org/patch/963/
--
http://sascha.silbe.org/