[Sugar-devel] Tux Paint - Save and new

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Sun Oct 23 18:47:01 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at activitycentral.org>wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 05:36:06PM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> > What you need in Paint activity not available today?
>
> Well, it depends on a purpose... ;)
>
> If purpose is exactly to paint something, then for sure, Paint is just
> works. But imagine for a bit that you are not a developer but a person
> [maybe young person] who is just opening this feature. From this
> perspective, what we will get after opening two these applications:
>
> * Paint, all-grey screen with standard set of painting primitives
> * Tuxpaint, colorful screen when even standard painting primitives
>  contain something special, but there are bunch of another places to
>  explore and get excited

Hmm, then we need re-think sugar ui at all! :)
I am trying to improve Paint, but without loosing a simple
and integrated experience.
Manuel is planning add different pencils (most of the backend work is
alreday done to support stamps)
and add to the pencils the possibility to follow the movement direction.
About adding clip art, I think would be better if we can found a solution to
share resources,
and add media useful to many activities.

Personally I don't like the user interface of Paint, but may be you are
right, is because I am a developer :)

Anyway is good to have choices.

Gonzalo