[Sugar-devel] [Server-devel] [IAEP] copy files to/from server

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:16:30 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 1:41 AM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
> <sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:
> > Interesting. Does WebDAV work as a normal mount, like CIFS or NFS?
>
> From the PoV of the user, yes, it looks like a mountpoint.
> Technically, you can mount it at the linux kernel level, at the gnome
> IO libraries level, or from Sugar, with a pure python implmentation.
>
> > What would be the best way to get this working on Sugar?
>
> You don't have a lot of time it seems. I'd implement it on top of
> gnome VFS of in pure Python. In both cases, I'd make it look like
> another disk from the Journal (as an initial implementation at least).
>
> I'd say talk with Martin Abente, he's looking into this problem space.

Could we maybe split this thread and keep technical discussions focused on
XS-devel and Sugar-devel lists? I think this could also also help in getting
some non-technical and/or end-user feedback and suggestion from people on
IAEP who aren't into all the technical details (something which I think tch
was also interested in).

Thanks,
Christoph

--