[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] copy files to/from server

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon May 23 08:24:37 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 1:41 AM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
<sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:
> Interesting. Does WebDAV work as a normal mount, like CIFS or NFS?

>From the PoV of the user, yes, it looks like a mountpoint.
Technically, you can mount it at the linux kernel level, at the gnome
IO libraries level, or from Sugar, with a pure python implmentation.

> What would be the best way to get this working on Sugar?

You don't have a lot of time it seems. I'd implement it on top of
gnome VFS of in pure Python. In both cases, I'd make it look like
another disk from the Journal (as an initial implementation at least).

I'd say talk with Martin Abente, he's looking into this problem space.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions