[Sugar-devel] Remote display

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Fri Mar 18 11:56:51 EDT 2011

I've been looking into the practicality of accessing an XO's display
over a network (e.g. VNC). My thought is that this could enable
screencasting (taking the encoding load off the XO), interactive
whiteboards (run the interactive whiteboard software on the computer
connected to the XO's screen) and more.

My findings are being documented here: http://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/477

It seems that our main problem is performance over the network. I'd be
keen to know of any optimisations that can be made.

Commentary and suggestions are welcome. I realise that this has all
been tried before, but it may be of use to those who were not aware.

Sridhar

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Technical Manager
One Laptop per Child Australia