[Sugar-devel] Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] XOpup-2.1

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 07:43:01 EST 2011

Cross posting.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yioryos Asprobounitis <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 3:59 AM
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] XOpup-2.1
To: OLPC Devel <devel at lists.laptop.org>

XOpup-2.1, puppy linux for the XO-1 and XO-1.5 is released
It includes on the latest 2.6.35 kernel and chrome driver from the OLPC git.
Thanks to the replacement of wxCam with Guvcview, that works much
better, is now only 88MB.
It also includes a first attempt of a Spanish language pack.
See the full announcement here:
http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/XOpup/Announce_XOpup-2.1.html
and changes from XOpup-2.0 here:
http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/XOpup/Docs/changelog.html#2.1

On a related note, we would really like to port Sugar to Puppylinux,
but the list of dependencies is really huge (with puppy standards).
Did anyone tried to see what is the minimal set of dependencies,
compile statically, trimmed library features to the minimum required,
etc?
I can understand that this may not be the appropriate practice, but I
was wondering if there are any behind the scenes attempts, just for
kicks ;)

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org