[Sugar-devel] Moving to GTK3 and GObject Introspection

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Sat Aug 6 20:41:36 EDT 2011

The change I would like to see in the API (if we do not have it already) is
to ensure that we have full ATK accessibility support for all Sugar
controls.  Not only would this allow screen readers, etc. to parse Sugar
applications and the main window system, but it would make automated testing
of Sugar easier as well.

I've been told in the past that automating Sugar was not possible apart from
a point & click approach because hippocanvas and similar did not expose any
accessibility information.  Since this may require developers to setup
additional information inside of activities (alternate names/descriptions,
focus tab order, etc.) it is better to get this in as early as possible so
activities do not have to be retrofitted to support ATK after the fact.