[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Record UI

tom.staubitz at fhtw-berlin.de tom.staubitz at fhtw-berlin.de
Sat Apr 2 15:25:33 EDT 2011

> There is still some concern over the user interaction for a primary tool, with sub-toolbar, triggering a full screen canvas change (e.g. as mocked up in your Record camera vs video vs audio, and my Memorize play vs create UI modes), as it might be confusing to get back out of a mode (especially when triggered unexpectedly by hover delay). I'll make a test activity with this interaction for next Sunday's design meeting and see how it feels.
>

> Yes. Can we disable the hover delay triggered change? May be we can use a RadioToolButton and display the sub-toolbars when the button is toggled?

Would it be an option to separate audio recording completely from Record into a new activity?
I have experienced that the children did not suspect Record to be able to record audio due to the activity's icon.

The problem here would be, that it would make more sense to keep the name Record for audio recording, combining it with a new icon.
Photo and Video would need a new name and keep the old icon.

Might be a little disorientating at the beginning, but on the long term it would be a cleaner solution in my eyes.