[Sugar-devel] known issues with collaboration in XS 0.5.2

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Wed Sep 8 06:21:59 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:02 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> Note that those are registered users, there's only a dozen online.

Ah! Then no, the behaviour is 100% bogus.

> I guess in that case you won't accumulate lots of registered users
> either, so this behavior shouldn't matter in the field.

Well, you do, just that they are segregated in groups. But the
"registered, not online" users should not be in memory at all, unless
they've been "seen" by ejabberd since it started and it's not perhaps
purging its roster?

Are you seeing the bug after a long run?

> Will consider purging registered users weekly or daily from public
> jabber servers such as jabber.sugarlabs.org.

Does a restart of ejabberd make this better?

[ My questions are a bit hazy here, as I am chasing a few matters at
this moment and I cannot devote the time to repro and diagnose/debug
this... apologies. ]

cheers,

 - ask interesting questions