[Sugar-devel] Introspection packages (was: Re: Patch review request for ticket #2290)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Tue Sep 7 08:48:29 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Tomeu Vizoso's message of Tue Sep 07 14:01:38 +0200 2010:

> > Then someone should get started on packaging the introspection stuff
> > for Debian, Ubuntu and if necessary Fedora (the distributions supported
> > by sugar-jhbuild). :-P ;)
> I'm not too worried about it being packaged in those distros,

Not sure I understand that part of the sentence. Do you mean you expect
it to be packaged by someone soon? If so, who resp. where?

> it only may not get to the stable/testing release of your choice :(

Given that 0.92 is going to be rather disruptive due to API breakage
being forced upon us by GNOME, I don't think requiring packages from
non-default sources is a blocker, as long as these are maintained well
enough (e.g. timely security updates).

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/