[Sugar-devel] Python tutorial for Pippy

Dinko Galetic dinko.galetic at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 08:13:31 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a Python tutorial for Pippy as part of my GSOC
project.
I've written several lessons and am now wrapping them in Python code to make
them interactive. I've attached a prototype of what I'm trying to accomplish
and I'm hoping for your reviews (it's also available in my Pippy branch).

I imagined the lessons being put in /data/tutorial/ and that they are
accessed the same way Pippy examples are. Each such file would just have a
few lines of comments to explain what the lesson is about and how to use it,
/library/pippy/tutorial/ or somewhere similar.

Comments on ANY part of it would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just a
suggestion to use a different variable name in the examples the learner will
see, or to (no matter how slightly) modify the way something is explained.
It's really important to teach programming as clearly as possible, IMO.

Kind regards,
Dinko