[Sugar-devel] A Tale of Sugar and Pippy

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Tue Jun 22 11:50:30 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 02:25:06PM +0100, Martin Dengler wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 06:07:50PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 03:39:46AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> > > Here, we reach the end of my tale. You see, my friend and I agreed
> > > that our desired next step would be to send our change to sugar-devel@
> > > along with, well, this story.
> > >
> > >    -1: Unfortunately, there's no obvious way to do this with Sugar and
> > >        Pippy today.
> > >
> > > Anyone have thoughts on what "stepping stones" Sugar and Pippy ought
> > > to provide to make this act of reflection and sharing feel as natural
> > > as the act of starting Pippy or of making the change that we want to
> > > describe and to share?
> >
> > We might not be able to depend on an e-mail path.  So I envisage a
> > small web application on sugarlabs.org
>
> Both an email and a POST request could be tried - saving the entry to
> the journal might be good, which then opens up a whole other set of
> routes (and confusions) for submission/sharing (and its resultant UI
> challenges).
>
> To bikeshed a bit, perhaps "share via email" and/or "share via web"
> could become part of Activities' sharing options.
>
> Martin
There is presently a peer-to-(multiple)peer sharing app from SL called
FileShare. One person starts it, makes a public session in the Neighboorhood,
share a document, then others can join this and then download that document to
the Journal.

--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|