[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Displaying the current status of system resources (such as memory, cpu)

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Jun 16 09:45:49 EDT 2010

El Wed, 16-06-2010 a las 09:17 +1000, forster at ozonline.com.au escribió:

> Time and date would be good.

Good catch :-)

> I am not sure how important memory and cpu are to the average user but
> there's plenty of room in the frame at the moment. Any extra displayed
> data adds to the cognitive load of the beginner but the frame probably
> contains stuff that the beginner can just ignore and explore at their
> leisure. Maybe default as not displayed but have the frame items which
> are displayed configurable through control panel?

In order to show the correct time, we first need to add another missing
feature to Sugar: time-zone configuration. Who would like to take this
task?

Hopefully, manual configuration of time and date isn't that critical for
connected laptops. Does the xs run an ntp service? Making 1000 laptops
from the same school go query a public ntp server is a silly waste of
bandwidth.