[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Displaying the current status of system resources (such as memory, cpu)

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Tue Jun 15 19:17:37 EDT 2010

> Furthermore, what all system parameters should be made available
> through such a means (such as free memory, and cpu load)?
> Suggestions and opinions welcome!

Time and date would be good.

I am not sure how important memory and cpu are to the average user but
there's plenty of room in the frame at the moment. Any extra displayed
data adds to the cognitive load of the beginner but the frame probably
contains stuff that the beginner can just ignore and explore at their
leisure. Maybe default as not displayed but have the frame items which
are displayed configurable through control panel?

Tony