[Sugar-devel] Defining "sugar HEAD".

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Sun Jun 13 13:50:19 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

We've done some good work in the past few weeks getting the Sugar patch
generation and review processes unstuck. Interesting new patches are now being
published and reviewed with some frequency, which is great.

(Particular thanks are due to James, Bernie, and Tomeu for their work reviewing
patches and bringing patches to sugar-devel@ for review.)

However, in order for us to be able to make an awesome release in a couple of
months, we need to get the merge and testing processes unstuck too.

What do you think of these suggestions on how to approach these issues?

   1. Can we get better at gently nudging people to review or to merge patches
      that have been overlooked so that fewer patches slip by into limbo?

   2. Can we define a single "sugar HEAD", updated on a weekly basis, which
      folks can test on whichever [1] platform they like best?

   3. Can we start organizing the creation and publishing of test results for
      whatever "sugar HEAD" turns out to be, much like we did for "Friends in
      Testing" for OLPC?

Regards, and thanks in advance for your thoughts,

Michael

[1]: Platforms that I know people like testing on so far include:

         * jhbuild
         * XO-1's
         * XO-1.5's
         * SoaS