[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Heads-up: POSSE folks hacking in Fedora/Sugar thisweek and next

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 15:26:17 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Art Hunkins <abhunkin at uncg.edu> wrote:
> I've noticed that neither the SoaS CD Boot Helper nor the SoaS Floppy Disk
> Boot Helper manage to boot SoaS Mirabelle (Fedora 13). (For that matter, the
> Floppy Disk Helper doesn't boot anything but Strawberry.)

I don't think Floppy Disks are relevant at all. I doubt any of the
developers actually have a floppy drive to test.

For the boot helper CD..... I have no interest in getting it working,
I have asked people to provide me specific devices that have problems
and need the boot helper CD. The only one i've ever got back is newer
Mac's. I know what that problem is. For the rest no one has bothered
to send me the specs so I haven't bothered spending the time.

> Is anybody interested in working on this, or are we basically abandoning
> older computers?

See above.

Peter