[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Protected Activities

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 12:36:15 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 12:36 PM, mabente <mabente at paraguayeduca.org> wrote:
> Hello Everyone, again :)
>
> Here in Paraguay we have a big headache with the following situation: kids
> delete the activities that the teachers need for their classes.
>
> There are many theories about where to put those activities so they can
> not be deleted, etc. I tried to do something very silly by just defining a
> "protected activities" list, and just hiding the delete option for those
> activities.
>
> Here is a patch for Sugar 0.84 (as example):
> http://oficina.paraguayeduca.org/~mabente/patches/sugar/protected-activtities/0001-Protected-activities.patch
>
> Has anyone else tackled this problem already? How did you approach the
> problem?

We have also discussed this problem within the context of another
request by teachers as well: an alternative homeview that is
restricted to those activities being used in class. We kicked around a
number of ideas, such as an extension to the * used in the list view.
But no one has submitted a patch, as far as I know.

regards.

-walter

> Saludos,
> tch