[Sugar-devel] Keep confusion, again

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 14:53:38 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 6:05 AM, Sascha Silbe
<sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 11:28:50AM +0100, Sascha Silbe wrote:
>
> [Keep, Keep a copy, Keep a version]
>
> I avoided the activity_id issues in my first mail to not complicate the
> discussion even more.
>
> For "Keep a copy" (current Keep) it's quite clear to me that we should
> remove activity_id from metadata as we're creating a new object_id as well.
> Do the same for sharing related metadata (buddies, etc.).
>
> For "Keep a version" as implemented in the way I suggested (i.e. as a
> garbage collection hint) it's equally clear we shouldn't touch anything.
>
> CU Sascha

Yeah, the above details and also your previous message are dead on.

Another thought that came up in the design meeting yesterday was to
remove the primary action from the keep button, instead making a
single click open the full palette, thus exposing the possible options
(among them, "keep a copy", potentially "keep as <other format>", and
later on "keep a version") to help clarify the behaviors.

Eben