[Sugar-devel] Keep confusion, again

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Sat Jan 16 06:05:30 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 11:28:50AM +0100, Sascha Silbe wrote:

[Keep, Keep a copy, Keep a version]

I avoided the activity_id issues in my first mail to not complicate the
discussion even more.

For "Keep a copy" (current Keep) it's quite clear to me that we should
remove activity_id from metadata as we're creating a new object_id as
well. Do the same for sharing related metadata (buddies, etc.).

For "Keep a version" as implemented in the way I suggested (i.e. as a
garbage collection hint) it's equally clear we shouldn't touch anything.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/