[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Toolkit in Vala

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Mon Jan 11 13:15:35 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 06:07:40PM +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 17:46, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:

> >> Have you considered using some automatic translator from python to vala?
> >
> > Greate idea to use such tool. The problem here is that I can't find
> > something :) I guess it won't be very popular workflow, python is pretty
> > fast for GUI applications and projects that are targeted to broad lang
> > support, were already written in C.
>
> Too bad, there's also Genie, have you considered it? I don't know
> which level of maturity (stability) have those languages.

yeah, Genie has python like syntax. It shouldn't be huge probelem to
have both types since its the same Vala project but yeah, better to have
only one syntax type.

I'm personally like C like sintax from pure Vala but also ok w/ Genie.
But looks like it's not so popular(in comparing w/ pure Vala) at least
there are several Vala projects. And also a bit concerned about git
activity.

--
Aleksey