[Sugar-devel] Several chapters of "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" ready for review, feedback

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 14:50:35 EST 2010

Thomas,

In the chapter "Adding Refinements I have some sample code for
creating, listing, and reading from Journal entries.  I'll probably
add an example of deleting a Journal entry as well.  And while I am no
expert in collaboration *yet* I will definitely be covering that in a
future chapter.  I too have not successfully simulated a mesh network.
 I have always used a test school server.  My hope is that as I create
new chapters others that are more knowledgeable will point out things
that I'm missing or contribute content themselves.

I do have an XO laptop, but after demonstrating SoaS Blueberry to a
seven year old niece this New Year's Day (I made it as a sort of extra
Christmas gift for her, and she loved it) I'm really starting to feel
that for Sugar developers the XO's are not the only game in town.

I hope you'll check out the book as I go along.  Collaboration will
likely be the last chapter I do, because it will be the most difficult
to write.  For every chapter I have to come up with demo code that
works, demonstrates good technique, and does something interesting.
This is a programming project as well as a writing project.

Thanks for your input,

James Simmons