[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Feature Status

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Feb 1 17:28:03 EST 2010

On 02/01/2010 08:13 PM, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 07:08:29PM +0100, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> today is Feature Freeze [1]! Here is a status on the pending features [2]:
>>
>> *** Thumbs View in Journal
>> We have some code. It has to be reviewed intensely though as it is quite
>> a big refactoring and is based on a new widget (shell scope). Would be
>> nice to land it though.
>
> Heh, I'm afraid it's impossible to see thumbs in journal for 0.88
> because it's not "Thumbs View in Journal" but reimplemented
> journal(not only for thumbs but since gtk.TreeView really sucks in case
> of sugar journal workflows).
>
> I'm going to change my workflow and code such big features as separate
> projects and if core team decided it's really worth having this
> in core it could added to glucose.
>
> I hope to see new journal as a separate activity and as a default
> journal in Saccharin in two weeks.

Hey Aleksey,

I have not read all of the code yet, so you are better aware of the
possibilities to land it or not. From my experience from the field I
think it would be a great improvement (as well since the object chooser
has the thumbs view functionality too).

Not sure how a separate activity would work and neither how Saccharin
can improve that. Let's discuss it tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Simon