[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Feature Status

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Mon Feb 1 17:35:59 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 07:13:23PM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 07:08:29PM +0100, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > today is Feature Freeze [1]! Here is a status on the pending features [2]:
> >
> > *** Thumbs View in Journal
> > We have some code. It has to be reviewed intensely though as it is quite
> > a big refactoring and is based on a new widget (shell scope). Would be
> > nice to land it though.
>
> Heh, I'm afraid it's impossible to see thumbs in journal for 0.88
> because it's not "Thumbs View in Journal" but reimplemented
> journal(not only for thumbs but since gtk.TreeView really sucks in case
> of sugar journal workflows).
>
> I'm going to change my workflow and code such big features as separate
> projects and if core team decided it's really worth having this
> in core it could added to glucose.
>
> I hope to see new journal as a separate activity and as a default
> journal in Saccharin in two weeks.

Heh once more, maybe I was too short in my respond, but the idea is that
new journal is too big to push it to 0.88(keeping in mind current
freeze) and that reviewers can't spend so many time to this new code.

The second point I had in mind is that I like idea of having not only
glucose for things like Journal i.e. it could be cool to have several
implementations in activity like style.

--
Aleksey