[Sugar-devel] Colors! Activity status

chm devel.chm.01 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 08:29:08 EST 2010

On 12/26/2010 8:48 PM, chm wrote:

> Looking forward to it. I tried running make
> in the git directory but had some missing
> compiler components and yum died after some
> bad checksums from one of the olpc f11 repositories
> and I don't know enough to know if it is a
> temporary network problem or other.
>
> While you are preparing another release, maybe
> you could document how to build a release .xo
> package so that as I start working with you on
> the code, I can generate .xo versions to test?

I managed to work around the problem with
yum but doing a yum cache clean.  Then after
installing a number of python and graphics
packages and their -devel counterparts, I
was able to get the make command to complete
in the git source tree.

After that I tried setup.py and the --help
for that until a Colors-16.xo was built.
It installed ok and now I have the help
and undo.  The videopaint camera is grayed
out so something is still unhappy with the
new OS configuration.

It would be nice if there were information
on the list of yum packages needed to install
for Colors! development.  Once the official
10.1.3 is out, I can go through the yum again
to get a full list of what is needed.
"yum install" doesn't take long but the
"yum search" and "yum provides" are *slow*.

--Chris