[Sugar-devel] Xoos Special Interest Group

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 16:00:00 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 10:50 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> As promised, we have started work on the XO operating system SIG at
> Sugar Labs.  The SIG pages are at http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Xoos .

Cool! Who is active around this SIG? (David, it's a bit hard to tell
if you are making the announcement because you're leading it, or
because you're the man that makes announcements :-) ).

I am starting to "smoketest" cjb's builds in my spare time. TBH, at
this time it feels a lot less polished than the "SoaS2" builds which
where F-11/Sugar-0.84.

In brief, it feels as if a lot of the stabilization that happened
around that timeframe exists but it's not in the XOOS build (for
example: most sample code bits in pippy don't work because "import
pippy" is broken).

I suspect there's a disconnect somewhere, maybe Sebastian's builds use
a non-fedora repo for Sugar packages, or maybe F-11 Sugar was great
but the updates broke things.

> Based on feedback from the current developers working in this space,
> the most valuable starting point will be to start making daily Xoos
> builds.

Using the same infra as cjb?

For starters, I suspect a quick review (and smoketest, if you have hw)
of cjb's builds would help a ton.

(But of course I'm mostly a bystander here. people more involved in
this might have other ideas...)

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions