[Sugar-devel] Roadmap to 0.88 --- Proposal

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 06:09:05 EST 2009

Well, most other distros do it... its a great way (only way I can think of)
of showing what's going to be included in the future, but just not
recommened to be runnning in a production environment. In any case, right
now, most locations are pilots that benefit from seeing what's coming up...

kinid Reards,
David Van assche

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) <
bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > - Testing: I hope to see much much more testing in this release cycle.
> > Two things should help here: a) I encourage the creation of a testing
> > team. b) The 0.88 release will be packaged early. For testing purposes
> > 0.88 will be packaged for F12. Other distributions are encouraged to do
> > similar.
>
> Do you really want to package an unstable release (for testing
> purpose) into a stable distribution?
>
> Some people might actually be using the stable distribution, and they
> might not be really pleased by having some
> work-in-progress-please-test release forced upon them. :-/
>
> Unless you're talking about packaging 0.88 for F12 but not actually
> pushing it to the stable repository?

Pablo Picasso<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pablo_picasso.html>
- "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."