[Sugar-devel] HTML Canvas performance in the Browse activity

Mihai Sucan mihai.sucan at gmail.com
Sun May 31 15:12:36 EDT 2009

Hello Tomeu!

Le Sun, 31 May 2009 20:10:49 +0300, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> a
écrit:

> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 18:48, Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello everyone!
>>
>> I am Mihai Sucan, and I am working over the summer to develop and
>> integrate a paint tool [1] into Moodle. [2] I am also involved in doing
>> performance testing on the XO laptop.
>
> Thanks a lot for your nice work untangling this mess. I'm forwarding
> this email to sugar-devel because I guess you want the Sugar
> developers be aware of this.

You're all welcome. ;)

> Let me ask you a couple of questions:
>
> - which version(s) of Sugar targets your project?

I am not intimate with the development cycle and work-flow of the OLPC XO.
I learned sufficiently to see it's Fedora Core-based, and that Sugar is
becoming distro agnostic.

Thus, my answer is simply limited to my current usage of the XO. I want
PaintWeb to work well on the OLPC XO-1 laptop, with the latest stable OS
release (that's 8.2.1).

> - already have an idea about how are going to be deployed any
> modifications that result from this?

The modifications resulting from this work are already deployed into
PaintWeb. You can try the last working SVN trunk snapshot at:

http://www.robodesign.ro/paintweb/trunk/src/paintweb.html

The paintweb.js file contains the updateCanvasScaling() function which
does the Canvas scaling.

The application is working fine on the XO.

Best regards,
Mihai

--
Mihai Sucan