[Sugar-devel] [Localization] Help activity

Yama Ploskonka yama at netoso.com
Sat May 30 22:10:16 EDT 2009

Seth Woodworth wrote:
<snip>
>   The point of having the Help
> activity as its own icon was to put it as close and easy to the user as
> possible.  There was a goal of having the help activity or similar
> introduction run on first boot, but we ran out of time in the 8.2 release.

Thank you for bringing this in, Seth.

I've been asking a while for at least a first boot - better an opt-out
always-after-boot for Help, just like win 95 on

As is now, an inconspicuous icon among many, low usability score.

BTW, I would want to see a simple way to bind an activity to boot, Help
is not the
only candidate for that treatment, other options would range from some
infomercial,
part of G1G1, and local choices.

Yama