[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Request for Artwork: Boot Screen

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Fri May 29 13:41:16 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

sorry for the short notice, but this is rather urgent. I've been
spending yesterday afternoon to update the packages in our SoaS Yum repo
to reflect the changes for Fedora 11.

As it turned out, the plymouth package has been partly rewritten, and I
was wondering (also with regard to #709), how we wanted to deal with a
new boot screen. For now, I've just implemented the old Sugar logo
again, but we might also want to have something more shiny (probably
with a progress bar).

I'm not really that good at art and the Sugar logo thing there was at
first nothing more than a quick hack, so it'd would be really great if
someone could have a look and work on such a boot screen.

OLPC is currently doing the same for their 1.5 software release, which
gives us a good possibility to have a look at the file structure:

http://www.freedesktop.org/~halfline/olpc.tar.bz2

Please let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Thanks,
--Sebastian