[Sugar-devel] Sugar Developer MINUTES

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Mon May 25 10:25:03 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 15:42 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> [adding sugar-devel again to CC]
>
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 14:36, Marten Vijn <info at martenvijn.nl> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 11:49 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> >> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:34, NoiseEHC <NoiseEHC at freemail.hu> wrote:
<cut>

> >> Just copying files is unlikely to work. Regarding newer versions of
> >> Sugar working in the XO-1, I personally think it's very important and
> >> hope that others share this opinion
> >
> > I would love to see something an update kernel (OpenBSD) or mini-dist to
> > roll out never version.
> >
> >>  and will contribute their time and
> >> skills to make it happen.
> >
> > Well I can help testing (or learn C, but that will take a while ;( )
>
> Well, for this task (shipping an updated or new distro for the XO)
> there's little need for programming skills, it's mostly a matter of
> having someone who leads the effort and recruits people to help with
> the various tasks, give publicity to the effort, keep track of the
> open issues in the different bug trackers involved, help with
> packaging, do integration testing, etc.

oke, from a side of a none developer, I would be good, a list of tasks
to:
- to do meself
- point people to

For me is hard to so see what is needed and to move to the "right
direction". Knowing a bit from linux it is best to avoid dist-wars.

I 'll check the wiki and look/create for a task list. IHMO tasks shoud
be:
- do-able (beginning / end / clear steps)
- supported by a person
- avoiding flames/wars whatever negative energie
- complexicity index.

Am I correct (by kind of consensus) that a tasklist would help?

> That's why people are barking at the wrong tree when they say that
> Sugar developers should port Sugar to whatever system. The skills
> involved are very different from upstream work and if coders are not
> coding we won't have anything new to ship.

If barking ever applies me to please let me know. My intention is to
have usable contributions to our project.

Kind regards,
Marten