[Sugar-devel] Sugar with Metacity (again)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon May 25 06:18:14 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> Openbox, the window manager used by LXDE and other desktops, is only
> slightly cheaper: 7.5MB RSS.
>
> IMHO, not worth the pain of being out of the mainstream.

matchbox, according to ps_mem.py is 2.5MiB (private) + 430.5
MiB(shared) with Browse.xo and Terminal.xo open on my development XO
after 3 days uptime.

'top' says 9644 RSS, 5436 Res, but the more I use the smap data
(parsed by ps_mem.py) the less I trust top's readings :-/

Perhaps it'd be better to get numbers with ps_mem.py ;-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions