[Sugar-devel] Sugar and XS in VirtualBox

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed May 20 05:15:09 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> o XS school server (but I have not fully configured it and tested it with XOs)

Not sure how the strange expectations on networking gear the XS has
will play on the VM. But I can recommend:

 - using the experimental 0.6 "img" files, which are preinstalled ext3 images.

 - if you give the VM only one NIC, you'll want to use xs-swapnics (+
reboot) to make it the LAN NIC.

 - if your VM networking infra wants to handle dhcp and routing, them
hummm, I don't know what to suggest. the XS wants to "run the network"
and it won't be easy to talk him out of it.

hth,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions