[Sugar-devel] More concrete design for easily installable device extensions?

Gabriel Eirea geirea at gmail.com
Mon May 11 11:47:47 EDT 2009

Excuse me if I jump into this discussion. There is a problem here in
Uruguay related to this issue. Given the security system implemented
by Ceibal, users don't have root access. This makes it very difficult
to include changes in Sugar, like the clock described in the parent
post.

Would it be possible to devise an extension architecture that would
allow to install extensions without root access? This would be very
helpful for us.

Thank you,

Gabriel