[Sugar-devel] Removing the 'Erase' options from activity righ click menu

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon May 4 09:51:18 EDT 2009

2009/5/4  <noutash at paiwastoon.com.af>:
> I basically don't want students to be able to erase any activities. After
> our first deployment here in Afghanistan, we had to reinstall a lot of
> laptops because students accidentally deleted most of their activities.

We see this lots in Paraguay too.
We have solved it here by:
1. Using a .xo bundle to install /home/olpc/Activities/.groups
pointing to http://schoolserver/activities
see http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Software_update#Activity_groups
2. Importing all the activities into the XS activity server
see http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS-activity-server
3. Improving the in-school behaviour of the activity updater
see http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9259

Then when the children delete activities, restoring them is just a few
clicks...run the activity updater from the control panel and let it do
it's thing. It is working well so far.

Daniel