[Sugar-devel] Karma git, where to put my early UI designs

Felipe López Toledo zer.subzero at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 21:50:48 EDT 2009

Hi man!

>After donkeying around (thanks to dsd_ for that expression;-) with cygwin +
git + ssh for the >better part of the afternoon (lots of swearing and crying
included) I went the TortoiseGit >+ msysgit route and have now finally
managed to make the first commit to the Karma >repository (don't laugh, I
know who you are!).
don't worry... :)

>Okay, I added the current state of things to lessons/quadrilaterals/.
>
>Changes compared to yesterday's version:
>
>* moved download from a separate tab into the support tab
>* moved the lesson into an iFrame that loads lesson.html as suggested by
Felipe (=> this in >turn has led to an odd issue as Firefox 3.5 now doesn't
seem to load the complete lesson >while Chrome 3 does it just fine; need to
investigate that)
>* cleaned out the lesson specific .css and .js files from index.html
yep, I got an error wit ff:
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code:
0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMCanvasRenderingContext2D.font]"
nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame ::
file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrador/Escritorio/karma3/mainline/lessons/quadrilaterals/js/quadrilaterals.js
:: anonymous :: line 153"  data: no]

line 153: ctx.font = "bold 13px sans-serif";

I think, it's not the font because it works fine when I load lesson.html on
ff

mmm, I'll work around this.

>While building the example I >also noticed that the current examples/quadrilaterals lesson doesn't really
meet our bundle >requirements in terms of naming conventions (e.g. uses
activity.(css|js) instead of ><lesson_name>.(css|js)) and file locations
(e.g. images in images/ instead of assets/* >/images). Mentioning this just
as a heads-up in case anyone looks at or works on that code >in the future.
I worked around the lesson and after that we defined the layout. That's an
old version.
I'll fix it.

Regards.