[Sugar-devel] community influence on development

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Jul 28 08:49:41 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 14:43, Bastien<bastienguerry at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Caroline Meeks <solutiongrove at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I personally don't hear the voice of the XO deployments saying what is
>> needed for them.
>
> When I was in Haiti, being able to interact with Greg was really
> helpful.  I knew there was someone I could nag about things that
> bothered me with the XOs and Sugar, and I knew he'd give weight
> to my feedback in the Sugar community.
>
> Maybe Sugar should define such a "role" (does it have a name?)
>
> Daniel, do you think that could help?

This sounds good for Sugar Labs to pull feedback from the field.

> Of course, deployments should also have someone whose job is to
> give such feedback.  But usually it's de facto the guy who best
> knows GNU/Linux and Sugar.
>
> If such a role is defined, I volunteer to take it from september
> till the end of november.

About having a person at every deployment, some months ago I started
creating this list of contacts:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Deployment_Team/Places

Maybe this time we'll have more luck having people listed there?

Btw, why is this thread in sugar-devel instead of in IAEP?

Regards,

Tomeu