[Sugar-devel] Activity as regular objects proposal

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Jul 28 06:18:58 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:14, Sascha
Silbe<sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 05:14:57AM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
>
>> * it can't upgrade activities if they were pre-installed from
>>  native packages; it makes process of upgrading activities
>>  from .xo impossible
>
> Yeah, this is really a PITA.

As discussed in #sugar, deployers can choose between putting
activities in /usr/share or in ~/Activities depending on whether they
want to give users an easy way to uninstall and update activities.

To avoid space duplication in LTSP environments, ~/Activities can
contain symlinks to somewhere in /usr if the deployer wants users to
be able to uninstall and upgrade activities.

Regards,

Tomeu