[Sugar-devel] [Fwd: geometry functions needed for Karma]

Felipe López Toledo zer.subzero at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 17:41:15 EDT 2009

Hi devendra

> I think it would be  better we use some  existing  javascript
> libraries than to start from the scatch. so that we could get functon
> and classes to be used in every  repetitive works.
I'm agree

>  i  know one  interactive geometry . plotting and visualization
> library called JSXGraph but have not used it
> before. http://jsxgraph.uni-bayreuth.de/wp/
oooh, awesome!

There're some things about this library (and others) that are not linked
with Karma dosing goals: they work in the global namespace and/or extending
the native objects (array, function, etc) and they are not built as (jQuery)
plugins.
Karma is a jQuery plugin. I think if I need a function or method and it's
relevant to karma plugin then I must add that to jquery.karma.js, so every
relevant function / method / var will be available using $.karma[...]

..one other way is to create Karma as a library without being a jQuery
plugin (but using jQuery internally). This option is easier to develop than
the plugin way, but we want to keep the eyes of jQuery community over karma.
(philosophical -design discussion?)