[Sugar-devel] fonts in pyabiword

sumit singh sumit.coder at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:50:05 EDT 2009

Hi Sayamindu,

Thanx a lot for replying.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta<sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> While per application/activity fonts are not supported, I suggest you
> can try to install the fonts in your system during activity startup.
> The font files should be copied to $HOME/.fonts and to be sure that

By this you mean, /usr/share/fonts folder? or /home/olpc/.fontconfig
one? I think the first one. Moreover, would I require to write a
script for copying these font files to the desired folder because I
don't think we have permissions to write files to these directories
from our python code. And I should run this script (.sh) before
running my actiivity for the first time?

> the fonts get "registered", run the command fc-cache, and then you can
> start up your activity.
would this also require the use of scripts?

> I notice that Times New Roman is in your font list. Be careful with
> that, since it comes with a number of restrictions wrt redistribution
> - see http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/ and
> http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/eula.htm for the details.

Thanx for the advice . would surely confirm it that the the
redistribution rights are not violated and then only would make a
decision.

> Thanks,
> Sayamindu

Regards,