[Sugar-devel] fonts in pyabiword

sumit singh sumit.coder at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 09:15:10 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I was trying to use different fonts ( other than the ones available on
xo)  in write activity which uses pyabiword. I included some of the
fonts in the combo box from where we can select the font family, some
of them being- Stencil, Times New Roman, DevLys 010 , Dejuvu serif.
Now, when I selected any of them and set the font using the
abiword_canvas.set_font_name command, and started writing, the change
doesn't appeared on the xo screen because xo doesn't have got these
fonts as of now, and some default font appeared on the screen instead.

However, when I transferred the same document to my laptop and opened
it using normal abiword, the changed fonts appeared correctly on the
screen, I mean wherever I used stencil, the font was like stencil and
so on.

So, I would like to know is there any way using which I can make the
changed fonts appear on the xo screen. I mean can I include such fonts
in my activity bundle so that they are used by the xo when I try to
set the font on it.

Regards,
sumit